I'd mentioned about those cute and nice kids but... yeah~ of coz there are irritating and annoying kids as well~ in my class of 5, there is this boy who could never focus. after lots of talking and debating with him, normally I will get 5 minutes (or less) of attention, and then he will go back to his lion mask and paper made crawl which I had threaten to keep it from him N times, and finally had to keep them until the end of the class. To be fair, He does has some cute moment. And after 2 weeks of taking the class on my own, I had started to befriend him and gain some respect.
Then, there is this time when my class will combine with another mentor's class which also consist of 5 kids. Among them, there is this smart kid who showed no interest in the lesson but never mind sharing his idea and experience. The point is~ When they get together during combine class, they will start talking, quarelling and finally fighting. I tried seating them far apart but they still manage to quarel a lot and interupt everyone in the class. I spent time talking to the other mentor and decided that maybe we should just seat them together and let them fight and talk in the back of the class instead of interupting the whole class.... This is the time when I can never control 'I' no matter how well I had communicate with him before the two of them meet up.
Yesterday, Friday, we had this meeting where mentors are assign to classes for the new month. And guess what? since those 2 classes are so small, they are combined and I am the lucky 1 to have them. 2 hyperactive kids, 3 who will never speak up and need lots of prompting, and 1 who always tend to drift out of the topic during discussion and guess what? in the 2 hour class, more than 1 hour is used as discussion and conversation~ and I had seen him in class a few times, it will be very challenging to guide him in the same time when I need to control the 2 and hype up the other 3. Thank GOd I am blessed with the other 4 regular kids.
The moment when I get the student list, I felt my shoulder dropping and my eyes watery, but being an adult, I was able to control myself in the meeting.
Then, there is this other meeting for USJ mentors. (I have class in DU in the morning and USJ in the afternoon, therefore I need to rush for USJ meeting in another room before I get all the information for preparation for DU classes.) In USJ, I have this 2 hyperactive kids who admited that they never want to be good boys therefore I had difficulty communicating with them~ But, they are quite good in reading and expressing themselves therefore I thought they will be promote to the other class instead of continue being in my class~ but guess what? THEY ARE STILL IN MY CLASS!!!!! I was damn stress to see that list and when my seniors are discussing some other stuff with me, I blurt out that I have "I" and "JZ" in the same class and finally burst into tears. Being like a big family, every mentor, DU or USJ knows most of the kids from both branches. And they started telling me what should I do.... I am glad to hear that I can throw them out of my class if the situation gets too bad~ But still, I cant use that threat all the time right? So shitty~
P/S: thanks to my new 'gor' who accompanied me for dinner.... Now I know I have someone to turn at time like this~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Time to spike some juice during breaks...
woo.. looks like new gor is teaching bad things har.. :)
Post a Comment